Friday, March 7, 2014

BIG news to share!

It is BIG. Boy, is it big.

I announced it to the world (aka Facebook) this week that my life will be changing dramatically when I come home in August.

God has called me to become a foster mom. There is absolutely no denying it. So when I come home in August, I will start the training classes and will hopefully have a child or children in my house within a couple of months of coming home.

I absolutely KNEW I could deny it no longer when I read these statistics.


Mind-boggling, isn't it? Breaks my heart.

I am nervous, scared, and excited all at the same time.

Becoming a single foster parent will be challenging, but I know I'm up to the challenge. I have been a foster parent for dogs for a while now, and I truly feel like God has been preparing me for this for a long time.

I would appreciate your prayers as I start this next big adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Though I don't know you, I have to say that I'm happy for you in your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard horror stories of them shipping us mentally disabled children though- or children with terrible diseases, because they don't want to take care of them.
    It wouldn't be prudent to take the risk without having a good deal of assurance.

    ReplyDelete