Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Winter camp

Winter Camp is in full swing!  I have two elementary classes in the morning.  My first class is 5th and 6th graders, and they are visually impaired.

We start off doing exercises.  I put my iPod on my "Just Dance" playlist, plug it into my little speaker, and lead them in exercises.  We love it!  And I wondered why I was sore the next day...


Then we play a game.  I introduced Hot Potato.  I play fun music from my iPod, and we throw the "potato" to each other.  When the music stops, whoever has the "potato" has to say something in English: favorite food, favorite animal, my name is ____, I ____ at school, I ____ at home, etc.


My co-teacher got pretty clever and would try to put the "potato" under his legs.

And in his sweatshirt hood...


They LOVED the game, and we couldn't stop laughing!

My second class consists of 3rd and 4th graders, and they are all blind.

We do the same routine in that class.


In this class, they don't know English as well, so I do things a little differently.  We sing the ABC song and play a musical instrument while singing.  Every round we pass the instrument.  So they practice it several times but have fun doing it.


Yesterday, my co-teacher wanted to introduce "As Long As You Love Me" to the students.  She asked me if I knew it.  Hah.  Do I know it?  Of course I know it!  I love the Backstreet Boys.  And I showed her that I had the song on my iPod.  We had fun teaching it to the students.



Love and miss you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Im glad to read you again. Thanks for this post.
    Best for you Buddy! Nice

    ReplyDelete