Tuesday, January 28, 2014

An unforgettable night in Bangkok

Our last night in Bangkok was one to remember.  Oh my, was it.

We made reservations at a fancy restaurant based on someone's recommendation.  However, the getting to the restaurant made the night very interesting.

On the way to the sky train, we passed by the protestors and saw the electronics charging station.  How smart is that?

Going on the sky train...

Because of the protests, we were searched by the policeman.  And get this...he apologized.  Can you believe it?  How sweet and nice are the Thai people?


We followed the directions to the restaurant, but the directions were very wrong.  Very wrong.  We got lost.


But we passed some cool places along the way.  


We asked several people, and they all said different directions.  And then we asked a taxi driver to take us there, and he took us one block and then let us out because even he didn't know where it was.


As we get closer, we are walking down a dark, deserted street.

And we pass a man peeing (or at least it looks like he was peeing) on the side of the road.

He sees us.  And then he turns to us with his willy in his hand.

And he jiggles it for us.

Oh, yes he did.

I was shocked.

I didn't know what to say.  Or do.

Bridget took the "teacher" approach and yelled "Oh, no you don't" as she made her arms into a big X.

It was hilarious.

And unforgettable.


 We finally made it to the restaurant.  It was BEAUTIFUL.


I was so hungry that I forgot to take a picture beforehand.  It was SO good.  Seriously.



And as we were walking back to the sky train, guess what we saw?  The sign to the restaurant.  Really?

Bridget ate so much that "Bertha, the baby" made an appearance.

On the sky train, Bridget saw this sign and said, "Oh, look. They have special seats for mummies."

And I said, "Oh, you mean monks?"

She felt such like a dork.

And I couldn't stop laughing.

And the protests keep going.  I'm telling you...it is one big, lively party down there.  That's what it is.


The next morning we hopped on a bus and a ferry to the beach.  Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog. My family is moving to the Daemon area next month and reading this has given us a lot of good tips for our big move. Is there anything big we need to know

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! Are you moving from Texas? I'm from Dallas. Hmm...anything big you need to know. The weather is a lot different from Texas. You will need a good winter coat. I suggest a down coat. You can get them here. You will also need thermals, which you can get here too. Koreans are also pretty stoic, not overly welcoming and friendly. It's just their culture. If you have specific questions, I would be more than happy to answer them! Someone did the same for me and it was invaluable. My email is texasgal95@gmail.com
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome! Are you moving from Texas? I'm from Dallas. Hmm...anything big you need to know. The weather is a lot different from Texas. You will need a good winter coat. I suggest a down coat. You can get them here. You will also need thermals, which you can get here too. Koreans are also pretty stoic, not overly welcoming and friendly. It's just their culture. If you have specific questions, I would be more than happy to answer them! Someone did the same for me and it was invaluable. My email is texasgal95@gmail.com
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Bangkok is a hell of a place... I spent a good 12 hr day just running around to different places. After that I was satisfied with the city, too much pollution, and sewer smell for me.
    Same thing with Pattaya basically.
    There are pockets of nice things though, and the malls can be nice. There Are Many...
    The sky train is interesting. Good views from it, at some points. I liked visiting the temples there.

    ReplyDelete