Sunday, December 15, 2013

My week in review

With Mina and Seora this week, I introduced the tambourine when reading and singing.  Mina LOVED it and got all into it.

I also read Red Fish Blue Fish to them, and Mina absolutely loved it.  She even tried to read along with me, which was precious.

This week was final exams.  Fun.  So I had no classes on Wednesday - Friday, all except for one class with Mina and Seora.  They wanted to have class with me and sing and dance.  Love them.  So I watched movie on Netflix on my school computer while I worked on my laptop.  I watched Christmas Vacation.  Again.  It was my 6th time (I think) to see it since I've been in Korea.  I don't know what it is about the Griswolds, but it brings me comfort.

The weather in Korea is crazy...almost as crazy as Texas.  The weather fluctuates throughout the week, but not like throughout the day like it does in Texas.  It will go from cold to freezing to rainy.  The following picture is on one of those rainy days.

I have been spending time creating a lot of things for my students, including emergent readers.  My emergent readers are a little bit different in that I put them to music.  You sing each page to the tune of "Where Is Thumbkin".  The students love them.  I then have been uploading them to my Teachers Pay Teachers store where other teachers can purchase them and download them.  I've been loving creating things like this.

I know some of you have been wondering what my lunch is like.  This was lunch for one day this week.

I have been cooking A LOT lately since I don't really care for a whole lot of Korean food.  I cook eggs for breakfast every day and dinner every day.  This was one of my creations that made for dinner.  It was so good, and I will definitely make it again.


I got 2 packages!  One last week from my Aunt Pam and Grandmother.  It was a complete surprise, and I was SO grateful for it.  It reminded me that I am loved.


In my second package, I got Christmas goodies from my sweet friend, Kristin.  The Christmas tree was decorated by Kristin's kids, Ryan and Kylie, and it is just too cute.  I also got a cowboy boot stocking, a hat that "screamed" Angela, and the most awesome scarf that was made from some of my old A&M shirts.  It was THE coolest present.  I have some great friends.
Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment