Friday, December 6, 2013

Great weekend in Daegu

My friend, Julie, was going snow-skiing this past weekend near Daegu.  She was planning on spending the night in Daegu Friday night and then leaving out early Saturday morning.  Well, I asked to tag along and just hang out in Daegu instead of going snow-skiing.  It was one of the best weekends I've had in a while.  It was just what I needed.

Saturday morning, I took a walk near my hotel.










And I found a great and popular shopping area.



Check out The Texan!!

Military men...





I found several Baylor sweatshirts and one Texas A&M sweatshirt.  I know my Baylor friends will appreciate this picture!

In the underground shopping area...



The view from my hotel room...

There was a spa in the building of my hotel, and of course I just had to get a massage.  I chose to get a Thai massage, and it was so nice.  I laid down on the Korean "mattress" on the floor, and it was heated, which was incredible.


I went walking around at night at the shopping area, and it was wonderful.



As I was walking around, I heard some Christian praise and worship music.  Of course, it was all in Korean, but I didn't care.  I stood there listening to several songs.  The first song I knew but for the life of me could not think of the English words.  The second song was "He came from heaven to earth, to show the way...", and I sang right along with them.  I felt like God was speaking to me, telling me that "I am right here"...it moved me.  It was a God "coincidence" or divine moment, and I was grateful for it.

My next post is about my dog walk in Deagu.  Get ready for some pictures of adorable doggies!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I currently live in Daegu and want to get a Thai massage. What hotel did you stay in? Thanks. Love your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We stayed at the Novotel Ambassador Daegu, near the big shopping center with H&M. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete