Wednesday, October 16, 2013

To market to market

Julie and I went to Daejeon Station this weekend to visit the market.  We didn't know exactly what we would find, but that's part of the adventure, right?

I just had to take a picture of this monkey butt in the subway station.

The market outside Daejeon Station, exit 1...

The vegetables were so beautiful and colorful...






She had her own little tent-like structure...it was so neat to see the vendors all together.  You could tell that this was their little social hour, and they loved spending time together.



Even though I don't like mushrooms, I can still appreciate their beauty.

That's a lot of tears if you were to chop those onions.



And of course, there was a lot of seafood...







Oh yeah.  Now I can see the insides of what I'm buying!



He was so cute.  He saw me with my camera and started waving at us.




The fresh garlic (peeled and everything) smelled so good...




I do not know what these things are called, but they are found in bibimbap and a lot of soups.  Julie and I think it is a type of root.






With all the red pepper paste on pretty much every Korean food, you gotta have a lot of red peppers.

Beautiful door that I found...



Found the thrift stores!



And the auto parts stores...




This little puppy was so stinkin' cute.  He greeted every person that walked by and jumped up and gave kisses.  Of course, I let him greet me too.  He belonged to one of the auto parts store owner.



The underground shopping...

Interesting Korean fashion...

Need a 80's roller skating outfit?


Social hour...

Julie bought a plant at one of the nursery stores.  The colors were so vibrant and beautiful.



Korean goodies...



Yep, why not ride your motorcycle inside the market amidst all the people and the vendors?



And another motorcycle...



Don't hurt the cute turtles!

Sticks with thorns....no idea what they are used for...

Chicken feet!

Keeping the fish wet...

BFFs...




Hanbok...the traditional Korean dress...

You could have one custom made at this store...



Yum....I bet now you're hungry!

Adorable hanbok for a little girl...


The market was right next to the river, where many people go to walk, bike, and hang out with friends.







Remember I told you that they pamper their little dogs in Korea?  Well here is proof...



I am: watching CSI on my new TV, curled up under a blanket
I hear: Korean commercials at this very moment
I feel: sleepy...my bed is calling my name early tonight
I love: random special events in the middle of the school day and being told by my Korean co-teachers at our conversation club that they feel comfortable with me

1 comment:

  1. It's burdock root! The thorny sticks are for making "enzymes" according to my coteacher, but I don't know what that actually means. :)

    ReplyDelete