Monday, September 30, 2013

Playground fun

My co-teacher, Gayong, told me to meet our afternoon class on the playground.  I had no idea what we were going to do.  We ended up walking around the track a couple of times and then playing on the playground.  Several of these students are completely blind, so we had to lead them around.  This is a middle school class, and there is even one adult in the class.  You would never expect middle school students to play on the playground, but they did and they loved it.  I did too.

I had so much fun.  It was so awesome to see Gayong playing and interacting with the students, and it was great to see them outside of the classroom setting.



The seesaw was great!  It was a four person seesaw, with 2 people on each side.  It was made of heavy metal, and it had a tire underneath so your butt wouldn't hit the ground every time you came down.  We all loved it!
 We all took turns going down the slide too.


It's days like this that make me LOVE my school.  I can see it being the unique school that it is, and I embrace it.  It's days like this that make me feel blessed that God put me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment