Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Photographs from an evening walk

If I go out at night with friends, we usually meet at the subway station.  I live 20 minutes away from the station, and I always walk to and from the subway station.  I have yet to figure out the bus system, and I really like the subway.  So the subway it is.

The other night, I was walking back home from the subway station and just decided to photograph my walk.  As you know, I LOVE taking pictures.  Ever since I started taking pictures, my eyes see things differently.  It's hard to explain.  I know when I was taking pictures of friends and family back home, I would "see" something great in my head and just do it.  I remember one friend in particular who thought I was nuts at this one special location.  I just said, "Trust me."  She did, and those pictures turned out fabulous.  She was so surprised.  I pray that God uses my photography some way, some how, in some fashion to glorify Him and bring blessings to others.  I try to see the beauty in everyday things.  I don't want to look back on this year and realize that I didn't stop to "smell the roses" or see the beauty all around me.

Sorry for the ramblings.  Anyway...here is what my eyes and my camera lens captured the other night.  What do you think?  Which one is your favorite?  I wonder if your favorite is the same as mine....

1. Outside the subway station
2. Cute pink bicycle.  I would totally ride that bike!
3. The entrance and exit to the subway station
4. Bird railing decoration at the entrance/exit at the subway station
5. Selling fruit
6. Prize games.  These are everywhere in Daejeon although I've never actually seen someone playing it to get a prize.
7. Boxes and boxes of goodies outside of a store
8. Laundry detergent and fruit outside a store
9. Panda bears on a railing. 
10. Tires anyone?
11. The tunnel.  
12. Inside the tunnel
13. Exiting the tunnel
14. The wheels on the bus go round and round
15. Panam?  That way --≥  ..... btw Panam is my subway station
16. Shortcut stairs leading down to my neighborhood
17. Cool, old building 
18. Little coffee shop near my apartment
I am: pooped from walking all over town today
I feel: excited about karaoke tonight...I'm already thinking of the songs I shall sing
I hear: my fans blowing and boy do they feel good
I love: a good hamburger and french fries...I have found 2 spots now that have great hamburgers and french fries...woo-hoo!

2 comments:

  1. 3, 11, 13, 16!! you have such a great gift - these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete