Sunday, September 29, 2013

Busan...the end

On Friday night after hiking all day, we met up with the group for dinner.  We took a taxi to another area right on the area.  Some people had seafood (mussels, shells, etc), but some of us (including me) didn't want that, so we went on a little hike to find something different.  We walked up a steep hill to find a Japanese restaurant.  The food was magnificent.   Like OMG.  Wow.

At Haeundae Beach, walking to meet everyone.

Where we had dinner.

Walking up the hill to find a different restaurant other than seafood.

Yeah!  We found one!  They didn't speak English or have an English menu, but they had a Japanese menu, which was great because Ryan lived in Japan and speaks Japanese.  Actually, Ryan and his wife, Anna, met in Japan when they were teaching there.

Getting our mats to sit down on the floor.

Anna....love her!  She was in my lesson group at EPIK orientation.  We hit it off right from the start.

So there was this scaly thing.  No one knew what it was.

So she smelled it.

And then Ryan tried it.  Love the look on his face.

The salad was really good.

We grilled the meat right at our table.  Of course, we had to put the garlic on the grill too.  Yum.


After dinner, we headed back to Haeundae Beach and walked around.  You could buy cocktails to go, and they would put it in a baggie for you with a straw.

I chose to get Baskin Robbins instead.  And then what do you do with friends in Korea?  You go to a norebang!  If you don't remember, norebang is Korean karaoke.

This place looked like Grandma's basement from 1964.  And it was in the basement.




Lauren, Liz, and Anna
Check out Liz's hair! 
Kali
Ryan
Jenny, Lauren, Liz, and Anna
Kali banging her "cowbell"
My favorite part about Korean norebangs is the videos they play with the music.  The videos never ever go with the song, and it is so funny to see it.  

For example, check out Nemo and the sea anemone for Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance".  When you sing that song, do you think of Nemo?  I know I don't.

This one is even better.  It was an eel-like ocean creature sticking his head out of the sand.

I loved, loved, loved Busan.  I can't wait to go back.  In fact, I HAVE to go back because I got the worst migraine on Sunday and ended up getting sick.  I missed out on the Busan Aquarium.  If you know me, you know that I love sharks.  So I was really, really looking forward to going to it.



Until next time, Busan....

No comments:

Post a Comment