Friday, September 27, 2013

Busan...the beach

I took so many pictures in Busan that I decided to break it up into several different posts.  Welcome to the beach post!  We stayed at Haeundae Beach, which I highly recommend.  Our hotel was recommended to us by a friend here in Daejeon.  We were about 5 minutes from the beach.

Is it gorgeous or what?


I couldn't resist taking a picture of this little guy driving his convertible along the beach walking path.






After a quick stroll along the beach, we wanted to find our hotel so we could drop off our backpacks.  We all traveled light and just brought a backpack for the weekend.  A friend had recommended this hotel, and I was not disappointed....one reason in particular.  You will find out why in a minute.

Our room with nice, comfy beds....clearly non-Korean type beds.

Love her laugh!  Jenny was my roommate for the weekend.

Nicole had helped us find our hotel.

We had a fancy toilet.  Every time you sat on it, your butt would warm up.  It took a little bit to get used to.  Jenny and I didn't know it at first and were wondering why our butts would get warm all of a sudden.  And....get this.  It washes your butt for you so you don't have to use toilet paper.  I know you are thinking, "Get out of town!"  Really!  Well, at least that's what we were told.  We didn't actually use it to wash our butts.  Maybe next time...

And here is THE number one reason why this hotel is awesome.....a bathtub!  I am a girl who LOVES her bathtub.  I have a nice, big bathtub at home and a plethora of bubble bath bottles at home.  I miss my baths.  I really miss my baths.  Having a shower in the tiny area between your sink and your toilet is just not the same.  I cherished my baths here both nights.

OK...enough bathroom talk.  Let's get back to the beach.  After dropping off our stuff, we headed back to the beach to meet up with some more EPIK friends.  We sat on the beach, breathing in that glorious ocean air and putting our feet in the sand.  It was perfect.

My feet with my pretty blue toenails

I loved to sit there and watch this little family play on the beach.  Priceless.

My next post will be about the water temple in Busan.  TTYL!

I am: sitting on my bed watching a shark movie on Netflix - I will tell you how I got Netflix later (it's technically not available in Korea)
I feel: tired and my eyelids are getting very droopy...it's almost midnight
I hear: the bugs outside my window and my neighbors downstairs
I love: fish without any bones, scales, or eyes....can you tell what I had for lunch today at school?

No comments:

Post a Comment