Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My three musketeers

Never knew how hard it would be to pack for a year into 2 suitcases...WITH weight restrictions!  I weighed my big suitcase, and I was 8 pounds over the limit.  So I took some stuff out, rearranged, put stuff into my smaller suitcase, and then weighed again.  Then...I got a great idea from a friend to take out all my winter stuff and have a friend ship it.  So that is what I'm definitely going to do.  If my friend ships it by ship, it will be cheaper and will get there in about 2 months, which is perfect time for winter. Thank goodness for friends with great ideas!  Lately I have felt like a crazy person with my mind going in a hundred different directions trying to remember everything and do last minute errands.  Can you say, "AGHHHH!!"

So let me tell you about 3 things I will desperately miss....my 3 dogs: Missy, Maisy, and Kobe.  If you know me or know anything about me at all, I LOVE my dogs.  All three of my dogs are rescue dogs, and I simply adore them.  They are my heart.  They make my house a home.  They love my unconditionally.  One of my best friends will be living in my house with her teenage son while I'm gone and loving on my dogs.  They have stayed at my house before when I've traveled, and I know I can trust her.  I also know that she and her son love my dogs almost as much as I do.  Missy barely acknowledges me when they are over here, so I KNOW they are loved.  I'm not worried about that.  However, I will miss them terribly.  I was carrying Maisy to her crate earlier today (Maisy is a 16 year old beagle) and got teary-eyed.  Maisy is old and may not be here when I get back to the states.  I know that God has everything under control, but it's still hard.  I have cherished every moment I have had with her.  I will be taking many pictures of them before I leave. Here are a couple of Maisy...

Maisy
Missy is the smallest of the dogs, and she is the diva and the alpha of the group.  I got her about 9 years ago and cannot imagine my life without her.  She is a hoot.  If you pet one of the other dogs, she's like, "Um hello. No, you're supposed to pet me."  Everyone who meets her loves her and wants to steal her. Sorry!  Not gonna happen.  She loves to curl up next to Maisy and Kobe, especially Maisy.  She adores her "big sister".  I will miss her feistiness and kisses.  Here are a couple of pictures of Missy...

Missy
Last but not least, my Kobe is a prince of a dog.  He is THE best dog...so calm, gentle, and loving.  He lets things roll off his back and lets Missy be the alpha.  He was found in a field with only 3 legs.  We don't know what happened to his other leg, but he does not let it stop him at all.  He just gets tired on walks and sits right in the middle of the street until he's ready to continue.  When I come home, he sits patiently right in my way until I say hi to him and give him some love.  I will totally miss not having him to come home to this year.  Here are some pictures of Kobe...

Kobe
I will miss them so much.  People tell me that dogs have no sense of time, so one year is the same as one week.  I hope so!  Yes, they will learn to Skype, but that won't be the same.  Sigh...

Oh a happier note, I learned some good news today.  While watching my orientation videos on learning how to teach English in Korea, I learned that Korean students LOVE singing and chants.  They also recommend us to use communicative activities like role play and games.  I got this!!  If you know anything at all about my teaching style, this is what I do all day long.  Seriously!  I even got the "Lady Gaga of Math" award two years ago at my school.  I cannot wait!  Those kids don't know what's coming...



1 comment:

  1. Your three dogs are beautiful and I, of all people know how much you can miss a dog. Keep in mind that mine go to a pet resort while my family gets away together. I get pics of the boys everyday from the lady who keeps them too. I am sure that they will miss you but they will be loved and cared for. There is Skype now so you can see them and if they are able to, they will see you. Scooby does NOT like talking to me on a phone, it freaks him out and I have never tried Skyping but I may now! I hope your trip is uneventful and anything you forget can be faxed, shipped or Skyped!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete