Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Family going-away party

My aunts (my dad's sisters) threw a Texas-style going away family party for me on Saturday.  Burgers, baked beans, and 5 kinds of pies....my kind of party!  They also brought stickers for me to take with me - apparently, kids in South Korea absolutely love American stickers.  I am totally set in that department.  Check out my stash! Thank you family!!  I will think of you every time I give out a sticker. :)


I always have a lot of fun with this side of the family.  They are fun, down to earth, love to play games, and love to eat.  My sister, Sara, and my brother, Jon, and I went outside to do some photos.  Sara and I aren't afraid at all to act goofy, but Jon thought we were nuts.  His facial expressions were priceless. Here are a couple of my favorites...

Top: posing Korean style / Bottom: I have no idea...Sara and I were totally into though
This is my dad's side of the family, and they are great.  We always fun.  Can you tell?  What's even better is that I truly feel like I can always count on them.  If I ever needed anything, they would all try to be first in line to help me out.  Isn't that what family's all about?
Clockwise from top left: Sara and Dad; me with Dad; me with Grandmother and my stepmom, Debbie; me with my aunt Pam and aunt Tracy

Clockwise from top left: me with my aunt Lynn, uncle Ken, and Henry, the pug; Parker and Eva with Henry; me with Eva; Sara and Jon 

So you know I fit into my family well when there were 6 dogs at my aunt and uncle's house. Not all were theirs so don't worry.  The one in the picture below was thrown out of the car window near their house.  They passed by her curled by the side of the road a couple of times and decided that they couldn't leave her, so they brought her home and named her Lulu.  She had mange so they took her to the vet and got her treated.  When my cousins met her on Saturday, the kids (otherwise known as the 3 M's) knew that she was their new dog.  Here they are with her.  Adorable, right?
Top: the kiddos with their new pup; Bottom: me with Dad and Debbie
With the beautiful setting and gorgeous sunset...and the fact that I had my awesome camera, Sara and I did a fun little "senior" photo session.  Is she a senior?  Well, no.  But that didn't stop us.  She actually graduated from college a couple of years ago.  I think she might have to blow some of these up into large canvases.  What do you think?  Here are a couple of my favorites put into a collage.
Sara's non-senior photo session

Having a going-away party with my family makes it seem pretty real now.  I won't be home with them at Christmas.  I won't be home for family dinners.  I won't be home for Thanksgiving.

But....I will be making amazing memories having the adventure of a lifetime.  I will NEVER regret this.  And we are blessed with awesome technology today: Skype, Facebook, email, iMessage, etc.  By the way, did you know that if you have an iPhone, you will be able to iMessage me for free?  Cool, huh?




6 comments:

  1. i love this!!! the party was so fun, and you will be so missed! also, i will email you separately about a dinner before you leave. bring the sara, too :) -eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS a lot of fun! I always love hanging out with you. I am SO glad you're a Hevron now!

      Delete
  2. this is wonderful... so proud to call you my friend Ang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Can't wait to practice my photography over there. :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun party! You're right, this is going to be an amazing experience for you, a fantastic opportunity. I can't wait to read your posts as you enjoy this great blessing!

    Amy McKinney

    ReplyDelete