Sunday, August 11, 2013

Big Bon Voyage party

My friends Kristin, Sarah, and Lori threw me a big Bon Voyage party yesterday.  I was overwhelmed with the number of people that showed up.  If there is ever any doubt just how much I am loved, all I have to do is look at these pictures to remind me.

I had a fantabulous time, eating (we had SO much good food), chatting with friends and family, laughing, watching the kids swim, and just enjoying everyone's company.  I hear that we might have to do a recipe swap for some of the goodies....my corn dip, Debbie's jalapeno poppers, my uncle's chocolate sheet cake, my dad's banana pudding.  Did I mention all the good food we had?

Here are some pictures of the party.  Yes, I included a picture of everyone...especially so I can look back on my blog when I'm over in South Korea away from all my friends and family.  I love you all!

Oh, and many people have been asking me about sending me packages.  Yes, you will definitely be able to send me packages.  When I get my school address, I will let you know if you ever want to send me something.  I'll might be needing some items that aren't sold in South Korea or I might just want some goodies that remind me of home.  I'm hoping that I'll be needing smaller clothes too with all the healthy eating and walking everywhere!  I read that South Korea is the thinnest developed country while the US is the fattest country.  I'm excited to move to the thinnest country and pick up their good habits!

Again, I love you all, and thank you SO much for coming to my Bon Voyage party and celebrating this big adventure with me.  I feel overwhelmingly blessed to have you all in my life.  I thank God for your love, support, prayers, and friendship.

Enjoy the pictures!











5 comments:

  1. Had a great time at your party. Sad to have to say goodbye, but so excited for you! Looking forward to all of your blog posts over the next year. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party was so much fun. I will miss you while you're gone, but I'm also very excited for you to be living one of your dreams. I'll also miss seeing some of these lovely people that came to your party. I only see some of them when I come to your place. You have lovely friends. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmie, I think that is just about THE nicest compliment about my lovely friends. Thank you so much. I think I have great friends too. But it's nice to see that someone thinks so too. I believe your friends say a lot about you....so that must mean I'm lovely too! :)

      Delete
  3. So glad you guys came! I can't wait to actually start blogging from South Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, I am so happy that you got to see everyone and eat good food before you left. I hope this is everything you want it to be and that you have the time of your life. This is such a wonderful experience and I am happy that someone as nice as you got to live out their dreams. Thanks for everything, most of all Cookie! He is a great dog, well loved and pampered by all of us, just like my other three fur babies. Thanks for all that you have done and all that you will continue to do. Don't forget to blog about eating bugs! I can't wait to read that! I won't say Goodbye, just see ya soon!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete