Thursday, July 25, 2013

Korean Consulate...again

I got a phone call yesterday from the Korean Consulate. That certainly doesn't happen every day. It seems that they put a wrong date on my visa, so I need to take all my documents back to the consulate so they can fix it. With all the things that could go wrong, this one isn't that bad. I think they just wanted to hear my Texan accent again...

I also got to thinking about this year in South Korea and all the changes it will bring. One year from today I will be getting ready to come back home.

What will God have taught me?
What will God have shown me?
What new friendships will I have?
Will I learn how to cook Korean food?
How will God use my year in South Korea to glorify God?

Although I am a tad nervous about this big adventure, I simply cannot wait to actually be living in South Korea.

I did learn this week that the average age for EPIK teachers in South Korea is 22 - 23, which gives me a little concern. Now, I am not 22, 23, or even 24. I don't want them to look at me as the old chick who doesn't know how to have fun. Good thing I'm a kid at heart!

But then I think back to when I was 22 and I know for certain that I was not ready to do this at 22. God knows exactly what He's doing and why He is choosing to send me there now as opposed to back when I was 22. I am trusting Him.

I wanted to share with you the organization that I'm using to go teach in South Korea. There are many to choose from, and I chose Greenheart Travel. I have nothing but good things to say about them. There are different options to choose from, from teaching abroad to volunteering abroad.
Here is their website if you wanted to check them out.
http://www.cci-exchange.com/travelabroad/

3 comments:

  1. In my heart, not so sure that a year from now you will be preparing to come home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I was visiting Mom up at the hospital yesterday and telling her about your trip, selling your car, your garage sale, etc. She said, "What if she decides to stay there. She might, you know." So she and Rosemary have the same feeling. Me? I want you to come back home after your year because I'll miss you. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Rosemary and Jimmie, I have no idea what God has in store for me. I'm just along for the ride. Yes, it does feel like a roller coaster ride at times, but I would much rather have that any day over a carousel ride that just goes around and around. Can't wait to see where He takes me! Oh, and Jimmie, I'll miss you too. I'll miss seeing you at school and working together at the animal shelter.

    ReplyDelete