Friday, July 19, 2013

From frustration to praise

I received my contract earlier this week and set out to go to the Korean Consulate today to get my visa.  It was a day of frustrations.

First of all, Google did not understand where this place was and gave me some funky directions.  If you know Dallas, driving around the tollway and Dallas Parkway not knowing where you are going is NOT fun.  I asked construction workers.  They didn't know.  I called the Consulate office, but no one answered.  So, I did several U-turns and drove around and around.  I finally found it.  Yeah!


When I get to the office, no one is there.  Lucky me came right at their lunch hour, so I sat and waited 30 minutes while watching K-POP on the TV without any sound.  Gotta get ready for K-POP!  And I even read a poster there looking for new K-POP wanna-be stars.  They are holding auditions in Dallas. I know this is a dream of a lot of you.  But...you have to sing in Korean.


Then, here comes the "fun" part. I had misinterpreted the directions for getting my visa.  Yes, I'm blond.  I thought I was supposed to just get something signed there and send it off to my organization that I'm working with.  Nope.  Wrong!  I was actually supposed to bring my passport photos and the application fee and all the other paperwork for them to give me my visa.  I had left my passport photos at home not thinking that I would need them.

So...I did not want to drive all the way home and all the way back just to get my passport photos.  Have you driven on 635 lately?  That is plain chaotic and messy with all the construction going on.  Yuck.  So, off to find a CVS to get more passport photos done.  Say "Cheese!"

Back to the Consulate office to turn everything in.  The lady there was so sweet and asked me why I was going to Korea.  She was really excited that I will be teaching English there, and she helped me practice my "annyeong", which means hello.  I will practice my "annyeong" again on Monday when I go pick up my visa.  They are quick!  I've had to get several visas for all my traveling, and that's the quickest one I've ever gotten.

Now onto the praise...
After my afternoon of frustration, I took my car in to have my oil changed.  I have a Subaru Outback, and I took it into the dealership, Sewell Subaru.  The guy that I talked to up at Sewell is really nice, and he's an Aggie.  Bonus!  I was talking to him about moving to South Korea and that I would have to sell my car.  He said that he would have the guys appraise it.  They appraised it and came out to talk to me. He told me the number, and I was shocked.  But I thought that is what they would sell it for...that can't possibly be the amount they would give me.  I was wrong.  They would give me that amount AND they would even give me a demo car to use before I leave.  Praise God!  That was a huge, gigantic load off my shoulders.  Because I am leaving on a specific date, it was going to be hard to sell my car.  To sell it on Auto Trader or something like that, I would need at least a couple of weeks and then I would have to rent a car after selling my car.  What a pain.  I was just going to sell it to Car Max but knew I wouldn't get as much selling it that way.  I was OK with that because it would have been easier.  But God showed me that He is bigger than what I had ever imagined.  He totally reminded me that He is in charge of all of this and that I am definitely following His will for my life.  Thank you for that God.

I love it when God continues to remind that He does know what He's doing.  I don't know about you, but I sometimes question Him and ask Him if He has forgotten about me or if He needs my help.  I'm sure He gets a big kick out of that.  I'm grateful that He loves me so much and wants the absolute best for me.  I'm grateful for all those God moments, all those moments that other people call coincidences.  I call it divine intervention.

I would love to hear about your God moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment